How To Avoid Getting Vague Results
So you want to “feel healthier” or “feel better.”
I love intentions like these, but there is one big problem with these types of goals.
They aren’t specific enough.
I have realized this first hand in my coaching practice.
I have had clients who said that their number one health goal is to feel better. In my early days, I ran with it.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel good or feel healthier, but good and healthy are both relative terms.
When setting nutrition and exercise goals, be SMART.
A good goal-setting strategy is the SMART goal checklist. SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.
In this article – we are going to focus on the “S”.
The “S” in SMART stands for SPECIFIC.
The key here is getting SPECIFIC and asking HOW!
- How do you want to feel healthier?
- How will you know you are healthier?
- How can you measure health?
- How will this health allow you to progress in life?
When it comes to setting goals, it is essential to make sure that they are specific.
Instead of wanting to feel healthy or be healthy, how about:
- Lower my blood pressure to a normal range (120/80).
- Be able to run a mile nonstop without feeling like you are going to die.
- Be able to go bathing suit shopping in person and fluorescent lighting.
- Be able to put on 10 pounds of muscle.
- Be able to get on the cover of the Austin Fit Magazine in 2021.
- Be able to beat my race time of 6:44 for a Half Ironman.
Do you see how those goals have parameters?
Do you see how each one will need a specific strategy to attain?
Feeling healthier is relative to each person.
Just like being rich is all relative.
Just like feeling drunk for some is one glass of wine, and for others, it’s two bottles.
Remember that vague goals produce vague results.
Now is the time to get specific, get serious, and set yourself up for a bulletproof plan.
I invite you to get on a call with me next week, and together, let’s explore some of your goals for 2021.
There is zero pressure to sign up with me. I simply want to help you because I know I can help you streamline the goals you want.
Sign up for a space on my calendar HERE, and let’s get you fired up and on the right path.
Vague goals are more than half of the way to the finish line.
Don’t let your desires and wishes go down the drain because they are vague. Together, let’s put up the tape and roll out the red carpet so you can finish strong.
Read More About SMART Goals HERE!