Sleep is more important than diet or exercise.
So you want to put on muscle, lose fat, and perform well in the gym?
Have you ever thought about how well you’re sleeping?
I know that for me, even one night of poor sleep can make me feel like I am dragging the next day.
Poor sleep can lead to:
- lack of mental clarity
- poor digestion
- abuse of caffeine
- poor recovery
- decreased motivation to train
- increased cravings for carbohydrates
Don’t worry, I’ve got you! 😉
Sleep Better Tonight for FREE
Here are some things you can do to sleep better every night – FOR FREE!
When you wake up:
- Sunlight – in the morning. Get it in your eyes and WAKE UP (this will help regulate your circadian rhythm)
- Movement – do everything you would do sitting inside on the computer while you walk
During the day:
- Finish your caffeine consumption before 10 AM
- Stay hydrated
- Move around every 20 minutes (seriously)
- Meditate or nap instead of reaching for more caffeine
- Stretch – it doesn’t have to be a sexy 30-minute routine – even 2 minutes will make a huge difference
- Go to bed at the same time every day (or most days)
- Try not to eat too close to bedtime
- Stay away from late-night shopping, scrolling on IG, checking emails, etc. – even a small amount of light signals wakefulness (which is why I mentioned getting outside in the morning)
- Blackout your room or cover your eyes with a mask while you sleep
- Turn the air down below 70 degrees
- Don’t use melatonin every night – only once in a while!
You don’t have to do all of these at once.
Actually, if you try to do all of these at once you will most likely fail, or burnout!
The challenge – Pick one thing to implement this week and see what improves. Here is what I do daily for better sleep.
Real progress happens in a series of small wins.
These tips will never work if you just glaze over them and continue to clear out your email inbox without implementation.
The solution is to decide right now to take action.
If you are still feeling the struggle when it comes to sleep, try this breathing tip for insomnia.
Pick one thing and commit.
Stay consistent and your life will change.
Dream on little dreamer,
Krista Living Large
PS. Change isn’t easy, but it doesn’t need to be hard. With the right help, anything is possible. Book a consult HERE in less than 30 seconds and learn how consistent action and the right kind of accountability can change your life.