An infrared sauna is a classic sweatbox, but in an infrared sauna, the heat is generated from light instead of rocks or a heater.
Infrared light is safe.
Unlike a traditional sauna, an infrared sauna works to heat your body temperature up from the inside out.
Infrared light is more beneficial than a standard sauna because light can penetrate deeper into the body than just the surface.
Here are 10 reasons to incorporate the sauna into your weekly routine:
- Boost immunity
- Relieve inflammation and stiffness
- Boost cardiovascular health and increase circulation
- Burn more calories
- Preserve muscle mass and prevent muscle soreness
- Relieve stress
- Clear skin through perspiration
- Sharpen your senses
- Revitalize your mind
- Meet like-minded people
How long should you sauna for to see benefits?
Start small, around 20 minutes, and increase your time as your body adapts to the heat.
You can sauna every single day as long as you are properly hydrated and feel safe doing so.
Want more from your sauna experience?
Take it to the next level with these tips.
- Reduce Inflammation – and take a cold shower right after.
- Burn extra calories – Sauna right after a workout, or workout in the sauna. Hit 10 push-ups or squats every minute on the minute and you’ll burn even more calories.
- Detox Cells – Help your body get rid of heavy metals by taking Niacin before you get in the sauna!
- Improve Circulation – Scrub your skin with a dry brush or use a sugar scrub. Dry off entirely. Make sure your skin is free from all oils, creams, sunscreen, lotions, deodorant, and wear little to no clothes. The less of a barrier the light has to penetrate through the better.
- Relax and Meditate – Use the sauna as a time to wind down. You can either unplug entirely and just focus on breathing in silence, or do what I do, and use the calm app.
- Bonus Beauty Hack – deep condition your hair in the sauna! Wear a cap or a towel. The heat works great to activate the deep conditioner. Rinse with cool water.
- Bring a Friend – a great way to bond with a friend and give them your undivided attention.
- Read a Book – help the time go by faster by getting a little reading in.
You can learn more about where I sauna by going to https://www.oceanlabatx.com/#whatwedo