I never used to understand meditation.
I would try and try and always get distracted by my own thoughts. It felt like a waste of time.
Last fall I stated developing anxiety symptoms. I was working a job that I didn’t love. I was doing a bunch of exercise that I didn’t really want to do. I was exhausted, burned out, and my negative thoughts started to get the best of me. I started having panic attacks.
I was willing to do anything to rid myself of the anxiety. I knew medication was not an option. CBD helped, but CBD was becoming expensive and wasn’t always at the ready.
I heard about meditation apps from a friend. She made it sound so simple.
I decided to give the Calm App a try. They had a promo for a free seven day trial. I mediated 22 times that week.
Meditation has changed my life.
I was just billed for my annual subscription a few days ago.
In the past year I meditated 477 times.
Total meditation minutes = 115.3 hours which is equal to almost five 24 hour days. That is an extra week of vacation without taking any days off!
My favorite times to meditate
– first thing in the morning
– as I fall asleep
– when I am really exhausted but have to keep going
– when I feel anxious
– when my head spins from doing too much work
– to take a nap
How I meditate
– I prefer to lay down with something covering my eyes like an eye mask.
– adding in a dropped full of CBD under the tongue while I meditate is like icing on the cake
– pro tip – set an alarm just in case you accidentally fall asleep
The benefits of meditating
– less panic attacks
– improved mood and steady energy levels
– better breathing mechanics
– more restful sleep
– peace of mind
Do you meditate? If so, what does this look like for you? What have you noticed?