When I first found out about the Hard 75 I knew I wanted to do it.
The 75 Hard Challenge Rules
- Drink a gallon of water every day
- Exercise twice per day for 45 mins each (one has to be outside)
- Read 10 pages a day of a nonfiction growth-oriented book
- Take a progress picture of your body every day
- Pick a diet and follow it with zero cheat meals and no alcohol
As a nutritionist I had trouble with number five – pick a diet and follow it.
I tell people to eat intuitively but I have to follow a diet myself?!
That’s not leading by example.
So I created my own – which I believe anyone could do with a little help.
Here’s how I structured, and still structure, the way that I eat.
I eat based on 4 criteria (in order of importance)
- How food digests in my body.
- Food I enjoy
- Foods that support my goals
- Foods I can eat moderately and sanely!
Digestion is first.
First I want to make sure that my body can even process what I am giving it! 💡
I know I digest something well because I feel energized after eating it, my stomach stays flat, and I can go about my day with ease.
I know when I eat something that my body does not tolerate because
- I overeat it and feel stuffed or guilty after
- I get a headache or brain fog
- I feel hungover the next day
- I feel bloated
When I started paying attention and listening to how food feels and what foods digest well it made making food choices a lot easier for me.
It sounds so simple.
IT IS and it can be if you give it a fair try.
I’ve attached a free worksheet you can try out for yourself.
Download the form and try it out for a day. You may discover some things about yourself.
Once you start working with your body it will start working for you.
This is one of the most liberating things I ever started doing with with making food choices.
With this knowledge, I can make my own rules and so can you.
I hope this helps you!